“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life.
I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking.
I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences
on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality,
so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.”
I have been a professional actor for 30 years and am still as fully dedicated to the art & craft of acting as I was when I first started out. I have worked as an actor in mainstream, independent and low budget films, TV dramas and soaps, West End theatre, repertory and touring theatre. My own diversity of experience has led me to a great many realisations and learnings, which I am proud to share with students and actors as an acting teacher and private acting coach across the UK and Europe. I know what it takes to be a successful professional working actor and, by the time you have finished working with me, you will have that confidence too.
As a young actor I apprenticed at The Birmingham Repertory Theatre, studied at the Middlesex University School of Performing Arts and then trained at The Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama.
While working as a jobbing actor throughout my 20s and 30s, my continued passion and curiosity to find deeper ways of working led me to further study with master acting teachers in New York, LA & London:
- Martin Barter: LA’s No.1 Meisner teacher, Sanford Meisner’s assistant for the last 14 years of his life and has since run The LA Meisner Centre.
- Tony Greco: one of America’s elite acting teachers and trained with the renowned Lee Strasberg.
- Tom Radcliffe: trained with the great Sanford Meisner himself and is the UK’s leading Meisner teacher.
From these masters of their craft, I developed a deeply authentic and genuine understanding of the art & craft of acting and how to teach it.
My own career highlights include working alongside: Sam Rockwell (Moon), Helena Bonham Carter (Wings Of The Dove), Colin Firth (Fever Pitch) and Ray Winstone (Five Seconds To Spare), in what, I am happy to say, has been a long, diverse and successful acting career.
I am based in London and have been teaching and coaching acting for 15 years and running my own specialist acting courses in the UK and Europe with regular classes in London, Manchester, Paris, Zurich, Prague, Warsaw and Krakow. I have also taught at leading UK drama schools, as well as coaching actors privately on a 1-2-1 basis to develop their roles for Film, TV & Theatre productions, and for auditions. I also specialise in personal development through ongoing practice. I am proud to have worked with a number of fantastic actors, preparing them for castings or developing there roles on a large portfolio of high-profile work which includes:
- Lars Von Trier ‘Nymphomaniac’ & ‘The House That Jack Built’
- Warner Bros ‘Fantastic Beasts 2’
- Paolo Sorrentino ‘Youth'
- BBC Films ‘Breathe’
- Brady Corbet ‘Vox Lux’
- Gerard Butler ‘Hunter Killer’
- GEM Entertainment ‘Swimming With Men’
- Fox Studios ‘Genezis’
- Antonio Dublin ‘Zoo’
- Bonafide Films ‘Nocturne’
- Goldfinch Studios ‘For Love Or Money’
- Stigma Films ‘Muscle’
- HBO ‘Game Of Thrones’
- Sony Pictures ‘Outlander’
- Sky Atlantic ‘Fortitude’
- Sky1 ‘24: Live Another Day’ & ‘Strike Back’
- Netflix ‘Medici’
- Amazon TV ‘The Romanoffs’
- Disney TV ‘Siren'
- Fox TV ‘The Bastard Executioner’
- BBC ‘Peaky Blinders’, ‘The Three Musketeers’, ‘Silent Witness’ & ‘The Capture’
- ITV ‘Harlots’
- Epix TV ‘Berlin Station’
- RTL Germany ‘Beck Is Back’
- National Theatre ‘The Great Wave’
- Donmar Warehouse ‘The Lady From The Sea’
- Bill Kenwright Productions ‘Rain Man’
- The Young Vic ‘Hamlet’
- Hampstead Theatre ‘The Arrest Of Ai Wei Wei’
- The Globe Theatre ‘Troilus & Cressida’
Over the last 5 years, I have branched out into directing theatre and film. I have directed four plays in London’s West End and Off-West End theatres including, Trafalgar Studios and Park Theatre and I have won awards at International Film Festivals. I am passionate about pursuing directing further over the coming years and have a number of projects for both stage and screen that I am working on.